Sunday, February 13, 2011

Thoughts From a Motorcycle

So in southern Alabama, Mardi Gras is kind of a big deal. And there's this Mardi Gras organization called the Conde Cavaliers that was having an open float barn or some kinda crap, so my dad's like, "Let's go!" I myself didn't really care but whatever. So he thought it would be fun to ride the motorcycle there... Yeah, he's a smart one. It wasn't that bad, it was actually kind of... Nice. On the way to the float barn, I had nothing else to do but think. And when I think, I think. I dunno why, but I just thought of how much I wanted to go somewhere. I dunno why, but I just kind of want to leave. I wasn't met to live in one place for long. I'm like a nomad I guess.
I don't wanna just go somewhere, I wanna DO something. I know I'm just a teenager, but I already want to do something with my life. I thought to myself, "What if I die tomorrow? Would I be remembered for something?" Nope. I know people say, "Your way to young to think about stuff like that, you have the rest of your life to." Well, what if I don't? Who knows how long we have left. And I think about it a lot. So I just wanna do something, go somewhere. And then I think, "I AM too young to think about this." But I can't help it. The entire motorcycle ride I just kept looking out at everything, thinking. I really should NOT be aloud to think sometimes.
So once we got to the float barn I'm all, "Meh, can we leave?" But then we walked inside. And Oh. My. God. There was a freaking Phantom of the Opera float. You can probably imagine how freaking excited I was. So their theme this year is Nightmares & Terrors. And the float was Gerard Butler!Erik but on every shirt, cup, pin, and everything else was Lon Chaney!Erik... I 'bout died from pure pleasure. I bought a pin only because Lon Chaney was on it.... I have a serious problem... Whatever, it's 2:33 in the morning and I'm exhausted.
DFTBA and Best Wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment